[BLDG-SIM] Solar tubes/Skylights in eQuest

Allison Rutter arutter at staenglengineering.com
Mon Apr 17 11:27:56 PDT 2006

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience with modeling Skylights and/or Tubular
Daylighting Devices in eQuest?  I have a K-8 school building that will have
two TDDs in each of six classrooms, as well as four TDDs along the main
corridor.  The roof is pitched and has an unconditioned attic space, created
in Wizard Data Edit mode.  I've tried following the multiple skylight
example in the Help section, but it gets tricky when I am to create new roof
sections, etc.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Allison Rutter

Mechanical Engineer

STAENGL ENGINEERING