[BLDG-SIM] Need help on eQuest

Gang Tan tangang at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 09:06:56 PDT 2006

 Dear All,

I am Gang. I obtained a simulation model (let's call it Original Source
Model) defined using DOE-2.2 (version 44c3). The file name is *.INP. I am
trying to modify it using eQuest3.55 since the eQuest3.55 included the
latest DOE-2.2 (version 44c3).

When I open the Original Source Model using eQuest3.55, there are ~40 errors
found in BDL. For example: "A MATERIAL property is zero or negative". I want
to correct these errors using eQuest3.55 platform. My questions are:

1. Whether is any confict between the model (*.INP) developed using general
DOE-2.2 version 44c3 with eQuest3.55? I mean, does eQuest3.55 recognize all
the BNL codes from DOE-2.2 version 44c3? Is it possible that the model
developed in DOE-2.2 version 44cs can correctly run in DOE-2.2 but not in
eQuest?

2. Since my Orginal Source Model was not originally generated from wizard
inputs, eQuest doesn't permit me entering the wizards to modify the model. I
only can use the "Detailed Data Edit" mode. But the changes made in
"Detailed Data Edit" mode cannot be recorded by the EEM wizard. Is there any
easy method to rebuild the model in wizard and correct BDL errors?

Thanks a lot!

Sincerely,
 Gang Tan