[BLDG-SIM] ASHRAE 90.1 window-wall ratio

David S Eldridge DSE at grummanbutkus.com
Fri Apr 21 07:51:53 PDT 2006

There is a standard interpretation on the ASHRAE website where the
committee suggests that underground surfaces of conditioned spaces are
included in the calculation, as they are part of the heat transfer
envelope.

http://www.ashrae.org/content/ASHRAE/ASHRAE/ArticleAltFormat/2005859471_
347.pdf

Hope this helps!