[BLDG-SIM] WWR definition

Gerald Pde geraldpde at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 25 14:51:10 PDT 2006

Michael,
Appendix-g states that use 40% glazing if glazing % is
above 40%, otherwise use whatever is smaller. From all
the discussions regarding this above-grade/below-grade
issue, we now learn that, as an update to the code,
below grade walls(if the adjecent space is
conditioned) are now included in the WWR calculations.
Appendix-g should not change anything apart from the
fact that glazing will need to be equally distributed
through-out the above-grade facade, am I correct?

Gerald

--- Michael Rosenberg <Michael.Rosenberg at state.or.us>