[BLDG-SIM] Modelling a DX Unit with an Evaporatively Cooled Condenser

Tupper, Kendra Kendra.Tupper at sf.fk.com
Tue Aug 15 11:37:12 PDT 2006

I am trying to model a DX Unit with an evaporatively cooled condenser in
eQuest, and the only condenser types available for packaged units are
air-cooled, water-cooled, and evap. pre-cooled.  The evap precooled
option is not the same as modeling a packaged evaporative condensing
unit, so I am modeling this system with a chiller that has a remote
evaporatively cooled condenser.  I am setting my pump power to zero on
the chilled water loop, but my question is in reference to the chilled
water and condenser water temperature setpoints.

I don't know what to input for my chilled water and condenser water
temps at design and rated conditions.  In reality, I know my entering
and leaving drybulb and wetbulb air temperatures, but since I'm modeling
this as a chiller, does anyone have any suggestions for what to input
for the water temps?

Thank you!

Kendra Tupper

Kendra Tupper
LEED(r) AP
 FLACK + KURTZ
405 Howard Street		415.398.3833 Main
Suite 500			415.402.5840 Direct
San Francisco, CA 94105		415.433.5311 Fax
http://www.flackandkurtz.com	kendra.tupper at sf.fk.com

If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in
error)
please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material
in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.