[BLDG-SIM] Equest- Central Energy Plant

John Aulbach jra_sac at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 28 08:26:41 PDT 2006

Hi Scott:

Let's take these in order. And by the way, if you have
used the software only once before, all I will be
describing is in the Detailed Interface Mode, after
you have generally created your building.

Make sure you have done everything in the Wizard Mode
you want. If you make inputs within the Detailed
Interface Mode, going back to a Wizard will erase
these changes:

1) Chiller heat - All heat generating loads are to be
shown in the LOADS portion of your model. If the
chiller is in a particular space (ZONE), you simply
won't put this heat generating load in the space.

You will put the chiller in the PLANT module, and the
program will not care where the chiller is actually
located.

2) In the HVAC section, you can go to the particular
ZONES that will have exhaust fans, and input them
there.

3) Electric Unit heaters - Likewise, on the HVAC
module level, you would input BASEBOARD heating (if
separate from the main HVAC system), or input a Unit
Heater system here as well.

4) Air Rotation Units - I am unfamiliar with this
term. If you mean Fan Filter Units, such as are in
silicon wafer manufacturing, you can simply account
for the electric load in LOADS, unless there is a coil
attached to the unit. Then, I believe, a 4-PIPE
INDUCTION system must be chosen, with the secondary
coil load in the FFUs.

Consult someone who HAS used this software within you
area, as it sounds like you make need help in the
Detailed Interface area.

Hope this gets you started.