[BLDG-SIM] Radiant floor cooling and increased capacity with thicker slab

Laouadi, Aziz Abdelaziz.Laouadi at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Fri Aug 25 10:37:14 PDT 2006

Ian,

You may consider to use ESP-r computer program to model such a system,
using a two-dimensional heat transfer model that I implemented in ESP-r
some years ago.  Here is a link to the paper:

Laouadi, A. "Development of a radiant heating and cooling model for
building energy simulation software," Building and Environment, 39, (4),
April,  pp. 421-431, Apr, 2004
(NRCC-46099)
<http://irc.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/fulltext/nrcc46099/>

Thanks

Dr. Abdelaziz (Aziz) Laouadi
Research Officer
Indoor Environment Research Program
Institute for Research in Construction
National Research Council of Canada
1200 Montreal Road, Building M-24
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1A 0R6
Tel.:  (613) 990 6868;  Fax:  (613) 954 3733
Email: Aziz.Laouadi at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Web: http://irc.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/ie/lighting/daylight/skyvision_e.html