[BLDG-SIM] High cooling energy results for VAV packagedsystem relative to LEED NC 2.2 Baseline

Joe Llona jllona at cdiengineers.com
Thu Aug 24 14:01:46 PDT 2006

Another point on the cooling energy for the proposed model:

Using a 48 deg SADB eliminates a lot of economizer hours, especially in
Seattle.  Raising the SADB will reduce cooling energy but increase fan
energy.  It's a balancing act to find the sweet-spot between cooling
energy and fan energy.

Joe Llona, P.E., CSBA, LEED(r) AP
Director of Sustainable Design
CDi Engineers
Phone (425) 712-2182
Fax (425) 778-8769
E-mail jllona at cdiengineers.com

"You must be the change you want to see in the world." - Ghandi