[BLDG-SIM] Condenser Water Reset in eQuest

Alec Stevens astevens at dmiinc.com
Mon Aug 21 06:10:39 PDT 2006

Steve,

We’ve recently worked on a project with VFD-controlled 450-ton centrifugal
chillers that can handle ECWT of 55ºF or less.  When we have simulated
chillers in eQuest, we generally make our own curves that cover the range of
expected operations.  I would support the idea of a warning instead of an
error.  Perhaps the warning should suggest that the appropriate curve fits
be confirmed?

Sincerely,

Alec Stevens, PE, LEED AP

DMI