[BLDG-SIM] Using -999 in Min OA Schedule in eQuest

Mike Tillou miket at etcgrp.com
Fri Aug 18 07:08:58 PDT 2006

Kendra,

I am not sure how you've got your systems setup but you shouldn't need
to use the Min OA Schedule to force the OA to 100% in the summer.  I
have found that the best way to simulate Dir/Ind systems is to use the
keyowrds on the Pre-Conditioner tab under your HVAC system as opposed to
using the DIR/IND System Type (check the DOE 2.2 documentation for the
differences).  One of the keywords is EVAP-CLR-AIR which describes the %
of supply air that will pass through the DIR/IND.  Set this to 1.0, then
set the keyword DRYBULB-LIMIT to some high value like 130 (default is
120).  Anytime the outside air temp is below DRYBULB-LIMIT and above
your SAT the DIR/IND will use 100% OA.

The nice thing about using the DIR/IND on the pre-conditioner tab versus
the DIR/IND system type is you can set up all the keyword variables and
then turn it on and off using a parametric run.

Mike

Michael Tillou, PE
etc Group, Inc.
PO Box 7, Williamstown, MA 01267