[bldg-sim] Options for modelling wall insulation in EQUEST

Jaya Mukhopadhyay jaya_mukho at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 21 14:03:23 PST 2006

Can EQUEST differentiate between spray-on and batt insulation for exterior wall?

  My understanding was that EQUEST could differentiate between the  two materials as there were options for polyisocyanurate and batt insulation in the drop down menu for wall construction. Moreover, there was a difference in results when I simulated the two options.

  However, on examining the detailed input made for batt insulation, it did not make any sense! I could not see the properties of the batt insulation anywhere in the input!

  Any suggestion/ advise is greatly appreciated.
  Thank you for your time and patience.

  Jaya Mukhopadhyay