[bldg-sim] Modeling buildings with natural ventilation for Appendix G

Marcus Sheffer sheffer at sevengroup.com
Thu Dec 21 11:58:32 PST 2006

Mike,

The exception calculation method you describe is absolutely correct.

Obtaining savings for natural ventilation within LEED however is another
story.  I am one of the certification reviewers and also vice-chair of the
EA TAG.  My understanding is that to date the USGBC has not allowed natural
ventilation to fully count under EAc1 even if submitted as an exceptional
calculation method.  The TAG is awaiting the work of the 90.1 subcommittee
you mention to develop a uniform methodology.

Perhaps your submission will be the one to set the precedent.  Thanks to all
for helping to blaze the trail.

Marcus Sheffer

Energy Opportunities, Inc/a 7group Company

1200 E Camping Area Road, Wellsville, PA  17365

717-292-2636,  <mailto:sheffer at sevengroup.com> sheffer at sevengroup.com

www.sevengroup.com

  _____