[BLDG-SIM] HP circulation pumping in DOE 2.1E

Whitehead, Derek dewhitehead at stantec.com
Tue Feb 21 12:46:56 PST 2006

I would have thought that setting COND-FLOW-TYPE to FIXED-FLOW for all
heat pump units would result in the same pumping energy as setting the
CIRC-PUMP-TYPE to FIXED-FLOW, since the DOE Supplement suggests (to me
at least) that valve flow control through the heat pump units is the
only flow reduction mechanism in the model, yet my current model results
suggest otherwise. Am I missing something?

Derek Whitehead
Sustainable Building Analyst
Stantec Consulting Ltd.
116-930 West 1st Street