[bldg-sim] equest recovery

Andy Lau asl1 at psu.edu
Wed Feb 1 12:16:35 PST 2006

Of course one cannot say conclusively what is happening here, but my
work with heat recovery systems has shown that they often increase
cooling energy for two reasons:

1.  They can eliminate the possibility of operating an air-side
economizer and getting "free-cooling."
2.  The fan power associated with heat recovery can be significant,
which will also increase cooling load.

I attach a paper that was presented at Simbuild 2004 on this subject
(not attached to bldg-sim because it exceeds allowable size)

Andy Lau, P.E.
7group, www.sevengroup.com