[bldg-sim] Water Loop Heat Pump with top-up boiler

Gerald Pde geraldpde at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 5 07:55:53 PST 2006

Hello,
I have a situation in eQUEST were I am trying to set
up a Water loop heat pump loop with a ground loop heat
exchanger to handle the building base loads and a
top-up boiler which can handle peak loads in the
building.
I have two WLHP loops, one primary loop with the
ground heat exchanger and a secondary loop with a
booster pump with supplies condensing water to the
individual zone heat pumps. The Boiler is attached to
the secondary loop.
The simulation does run, but the boiler doesn’t kick
it. I verified this in the PS-H report.
The question I have is why isn't the boiler turning
on? Am I missing anything in the simulation or do I
have to set up any kind of equipment control to stage
the loop?
Thanks,
Gerald