[bldg-sim] e-quest problems

fernando varela fvarela at eis.uva.es
Tue Jan 31 09:54:21 PST 2006

Hello:

My name is Cristina, I'm an e-quest user, and I'm trying to simulate a
VAV system.  The  cooling  loop is not a problem, but our hot water loop
doesn't work. I send you the warning messages to help you see the
possible error. If you could help me, It'd be great.

Concerning the thermal zones:

**WARNING**********************************************************************
             ZONE zonatermica1                     has insufficient
             ZONE HEATING-CAPACITY plus BASEBOARD-RATING to maintain the
             specified DESIGN-HEAT-T for the calculated peak ZONE load
             (see LS-A or LS-B for the ZONE peak load.)

**WARNING**********************************************************************
             PREHEAT/HEATING-CAPACITY in SYSTEM
sistemazona1
             is too low to provide the requested supply temperature for
             the calculated mixed air temperature using total ZONE loads
             (on LS-A/B) and SYSTEM design parameters, plus outside air
             conditions (on LS-C), and specified capacities & air flows.
             Requested temperature is  55.00 calculated is  40.37
             Check HEATING-CAPACITY, HEAT-SET-T, PRE-HEAT-T, MAX-SUPPLY-T,
             DESIGN-HEAT-T, and ZONE loads for consistency.

And concerning to the boiler (caldera)

             caldera                          has a maximum flow smaller
             than the loops minimum flow, and will never be used
             by itself.

Thank you in advance.