[bldg-sim] Temperature set points for ASHRAE 90.1, 2004

Peter Simmonds peter.simmonds at ibece.net
Tue Jan 17 10:38:49 PST 2006

OK so the grey matter isn't working today, so I need some help.

If I understand 90.1, 2004 correctly under 11.3 (g), the supply air to
room temperature difference is 20F. So assuming this is based on an
overhead VAV system supplying air at 55F then the space operating
temperature would be 75F.

If this assumption is true, then using a displacement system, supplying
air at 63F, the space operating condition would be 83F.

Nyserda and CEC use design temperature set points but I cannot seem to
find these in 90.1,2004.

So in order to comply with LEED 2.2, the energy performance has to
comply with appendix G, but what temperature set points are used?

Be gentle with your replies, its only three days before ASHRAE.

Peter Simmonds Ph.D.

Associate
IBE Consulting Engineers

14130 Riverside Drive Suite 201

Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
p:   (818) 377-8220
f:    (818) 377-8230
m:  (818) 219-1284
IDEAS FOR THE BUILT ENVIRONMENT <BLOCKED::http://www.ibece.com/>

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the