[bldg-sim] Humidity control in eQUEST

Peter Alspach peter.alspach at arup.com
Mon Jan 23 16:08:02 PST 2006

Vikram,

If your base system already is dehumidifying enough to bring the space
down to 50% RH under normal operation then you would not expect to see
any additional energy requirement. Depending on your OA fraction in
Atlanta you may not need any additional dehumidification than what you
get with your base DX system. Have you checked the RH reports from your
base model to determine if the base design is floating up over 50% RH?

Peter Alspach, P.E.
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Arup
901 Market Street, Suite 260