[bldg-sim] EnergyPlus - DOE

Drury.Crawley at EE.DOE.GOV Drury.Crawley at EE.DOE.GOV
Wed Jan 18 08:57:17 PST 2006

There is a report comparing the features and
capabilities of DOE-2, BLAST, EnergyPlus
and 17 other simulation programs available on
the bottom right corner of the tools directory:

http://www.energytoolsdirectory.gov

or this direct link:

http://www.eere.energy.gov/buildings/tools_directory/pdfs/contrasting_the_capabilities_of_building_energy_performance_simulation_programs_v1.0.pdf

                      "Renato Sousa"
                      <renato.sousa at fluid      To: bldg-sim at gard.com
                      inova.pt>                cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [bldg-sim] EnergyPlus - DOE
                      bldg-sim at gard.com

                      01/18/2006 10:56 AM
                      Please respond to
                      renato.sousa

Hello everybody.

I would like to know if anybody has experience on using both EnergyPlus and
DOE.
Currently I'm using an interface for EnergyPlus. From the software
description I couldn't find out the main differences between EnergyPlus and
DOE. Does anyone know the main differences or where can I find them?