[bldg-sim] IBPSA-England Launch Event

Pieter De Wilde pieter.dewilde at plymouth.ac.uk
Thu Jul 27 07:12:23 PDT 2006

Dear Simulationists in England, the UK and abroad:

Announcement

We are happy to inform you that we are in the process of forming
IBPSA-England, a regional affiliate of the International Building
Performance Simulation Association. We have recently submitted our
application to IBPSA-World, and have been informed that there is likely
to be no objection to the formation of the English affiliate branch.

Therefore we would like to announce our Launch Event, to be held on 13th
September 2006 in Sheffield.

The programme for the day is as follows:
10:00            Welcome
Ian Ward
10:15            Introduction to IBPSA-World
Jeffrey Spittler
10:45            Introduction to IBPSA-England
Ian Ward
11:00            The future for simulation / industry perspective
Jake Hacker
11:30            The future for simulation / academic perspective
Lori McElroy
12:00            Feedback and questions
12:30            Lunch & software demos
14:00            Panel discussion
Speakers from morning session
15:30            Summary
Ian Ward
16:00            Close

To keep in contact, to obtain further information on events, and to
register for the launch event and membership, please visit our website
at:

http://www.ibpsa-england.org/

Ian C. Ward, Chair and Affiliate Representative
Malcolm Cook, Chair and 2nd Affiliate Representative
Pieter J.C.J. de Wilde, Secretary

Jonathan Wright, Committee Member
Simon Rees, Committee Member
Dejan Mumovic, Committee Member