[BLDG-SIM] Lighting Measure with Gas Savings

John Forester jforester at dmiinc.com
Fri Jul 21 10:57:12 PDT 2006

Hello Everyone,

I am working on an eQUEST model that is giving me significant gas savings in
the winter, spring and fall and a gas penalty in the summer when I reduce
the lighting densities.  I don't know how these savings are being derived.
Can anyone offer insight?  Thanks.  Some model specifics are below.

The only thing different with the base and proposed input files are lighting
densities.

Using chilled water meter instead of a chilled water plant.

Using a linear boiler HIR curve with high turn down.

Outdoor air calculation method is Fraction of design.

Air side HVAC system is variable volume.

John T. Forester

Demand Management Institute Inc.

450 Lexington St. Newton, MA 02466

Phone: 617 527 1525 x109