[BLDG-SIM] Standard Buildings

Andrew Sheaffer sheaffer at uic.edu
Tue Jul 18 09:32:53 PDT 2006

I am wondering if anyone is aware of standard/generic prepared building
models that can be used for retrofit evaluations.  I am working on a project
where we are testing various new ventilation technologies in several climate
zones.  The technologies are to be evaluated in several generic buildings -
a hotel, school, hospital and office building - to see what the affect of
the different climates is on the technologies.  Has anyone constructed
hypothetical models that fall into these categories?

Thanks,

Andrew

Andrew Sheaffer

Research Engineer