[BLDG-SIM] Two Immediate Job Openings -Energy Engineer/Analyst and Sustainability Engineer

Pat Bailey pbailey at greenbuildingstudio.com
Fri Jun 16 10:57:30 PDT 2006

Green Building Studio, Inc., the leading sustainability analysis
software and services company in the architectural, engineering, and
construction industry has immediate openings for an  energy engineer and
a sustainability engineer/analyst.

If you are an individual whose goals include applying your knowledge to
solve today's critical energy, water, and other resource issues, Green
Building Studio, Inc. is looking for you to join our great team. We are
extending the functionality of our Green Building Studio web service
(GBS) to better serve architects and engineers in the designing of
energy and resource efficient buildings all over the world.

Immediate Opening - Energy Engineer

You need a solid technical foundation, experience with energy simulation
software and enthusiasm towards your work. We will train you in the
necessary areas to keep you at the forefront of our disciplines.

Responsibilities:

Work with Senior Engineers to carry out simulation and database
analyses, write project reports and assist programmers in developing
software applications that minimize energy and resource use in buildings
and a variety of industries. Periodically, you may conduct energy and
industrial field audits and work as a member of a team improving the
energy and resource efficiency of new and existing commercial and
residential projects.  You will analyze building and industrial energy
and resource use.

Minimum Requirements:

Engineering or energy related building science degree (BSME preferred),
one or more years of experience with DOE-2, Equest, EnergyPro or a
similar energy simulation application, experience in energy codes,
energy audits or mechanical design.  Experience using spreadsheet and
database tools, excellent written and verbal communication, and a strong
desire to work with building designers and owners to work outside the
box.

Desired Skills:

Experience or training with California's Title 24 energy code, the
ASHRAE 90.1 energy code and HVAC design are a plus. Experience
developing detailed DOE-2, EnergyPlus or other simulation analyses is an
added bonus.

Position Location: Santa Rosa, CA 45 minutes north of San Francisco,
twenty minutes from the coast, and surrounded by the wine country.

Email your resume along with your salary requirements, in html or MS
Word attachment with "Energy Engineer" in the subject line to
pbailey at greenbuildingstudio.com.

Green Building Studio is an equal opportunity employer with excellent
benefits, a collegial work environment and a growing reputation for
implementing cutting edge ideas.  For more information on our firm,
visit our website at www.greenbuildingstudio.com
<http://www.greenbuildingstudio.com/> .

Immediate Job Opening - Sustainability Engineer

Responsibilities:

Work with Senior Staff to expand the analysis capabilities of the Green
Building Studio web service with solar, water, and energy analyses
including onsite renewable energy analysis. Assist in localization of
GBS in today's resource constrained regions of the world. Work with
industry partners around the world to provide training and technical
information. Work with leading Building Information Modeling (BIM)
vendors (Autodesk, Graphisoft, & Bentley) in testing their applications
with the GBS. Periodically, you may work as a member of a team improving
the energy and resource efficiency of new and existing commercial and
residential building designs.  Training in various technical disciplines
will be provided if required.

Minimum Requirements:

College degree (engineering preferred), one or more years of experience
with EnergyPlus, DOE-2, eQuest, or a similar energy simulation
application, experience in energy codes, energy audits or mechanical
design.  No fear in using spreadsheet and database tools, excellent
written and verbal communication skills.

Desired Skills:

Working knowledge of C#, Java, Javascript, HTML, XML, XSLT, and
relational databases. Creative, open-minded, eager, excellent oral and
written communications, experience in the energy efficiency field,
experience in the building sector, and environmentally aware. Dedicated
to working on solving today's issues for a better tomorrow.

Position Location: Santa Rosa, CA 45 minutes north of San Francisco,
twenty minutes from the coast, and surrounded by the wine country.

Email your resume along with your salary requirements, in html or MS
Word attachment with "Sustainability Engineer" in the subject line to
jfk at greenbuildingstudio.com.

Green Building Studio is an equal opportunity employer with excellent
benefits, a collegial work environment and a growing reputation for
implementing cutting edge ideas.  For more information on our firm,
visit our website at www.greenbuildingstudio.com.

Pat Bailey, PE
Vice President

Green Building Studio, Inc.