[BLDG-SIM] Applying shading screens with schedules to west window

Gerald Pde geraldpde at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 9 07:18:27 PDT 2006

Shrikar,

To simulate movable shades, you will need to create 2
or 3 schedules.
1) Shading schedule which is a multiplier on the
shading coefficient of the glass. Eq. if you specify
the shading multiplier of 0.5, it will half the SC of
the glass.Shading multiplier of 1 will not manipulate
the glass SC.
2) You will also need to create a radiation threshold
schedule to trigger whether your shades are open or
closed. for eq. if the solar radiation hitting the
window exceedes 50 btu.sq.ft, the shades will be
initiated.

In addition, if you have daylighting in your model,
you will need to also create a daylighting schedule
which should logically follow the SC schedule.

Hope this helps.
Gerald