[bldg-sim] Job Opportunity: Energy Analysis Engineer

Ramirez, Bob Bob.Ramirez at itron.com
Fri May 12 12:13:25 PDT 2006

Job Opportunity:  Energy Analysis Engineer

Itron's Consulting and Analysis division is seeking both junior and
senior level engineers to provide engineering support to our diverse
staff of analysts and economists in our San Diego and Oakland offices.
The successful candidate will provide engineering and other analytical
support for projects, assist in preparing reports and proposals, prepare
and present papers at conferences, and may manage tasks on projects.
Occasional client contact may be required.  The ideal candidate will
also be self-driven, detail-oriented, learn quickly, and be able to work
equally well either independently or as part of a team.  Experience
and/or a strong interest in learning about building energy use
assessment, computer modeling (e.g., eQuest/DOE2.2), building equipment
and systems, and utility energy efficiency programs is essential.

A Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Environmental Engineering,
or Physics is preferred.  Advanced degree, E.I.T. or P.E. license,
and/or experience in the energy industry are beneficial.  Potential
candidates must be proficient with Microsoft Office software, including
Excel and Access, and possess exceptional research and analytical
skills.  Excellent communication skills are required.

Compensation depends on experience and qualifications.  Itron offers an
exceptional benefits package.  Resumes should be submitted by mail to
Angela Nenn at Itron, Inc., 11236 El Camino Real, San Diego, CA 92130,
or by e-mail to angela.nenn at itron.com.

Please specify job code ENG-BS.