[bldg-sim] Simulation tools capable of interfacing with integrated environments

CK Tang ckmail at pd.jaring.my
Tue May 9 03:02:14 PDT 2006

Elmer,

I don't know of any available references. But based on my experience,
Ecotect is quite good for importing and exporting 3D building cad model
for building simulation.

I am also interested to hear more about this issue, especially on IFC
and gbXML. A ambitious project I know of in Singapore tried to implement
building code checking through IFC, but failed because IFC is not
capable to recognize everything required by the building code yet and
the project die a natural death after spend a few millions by their
government.

Anybody have any indication of the market support for IFC or gbXML?

Kind regards,

CK