[bldg-sim] question about eQUEST refrigeration version

Zhai Chaoqin crithy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 08:32:39 PST 2006

Hi,

I have a .inp file, which was exported from Green Building Studio. When I
open this file with eQUEST regular version, there is no error or warning
message shown. I am trying to add on refrigeration system on this building
model, so I opened it with eQUEST refrigeration version. I got 195 error
messages. The errors in .BDL file are of three major types:

1. space volume undefined
2. glasstype, height, width undefined.
"If WIN-SPEC-METHOD is GLASS-TYPE-INPUT, then GLASS-TYPE must be specified."
3. "FREEZING-T in HydLoop-4 has Expression Evaluation Error: Invalid BDL
reference", which I have no idea about.

When I looked at the .BDL created by eQUEST regular version, there is a
space volume defined. I do not quite understand why the two different
versions interprete the building geometry input differently. How should I
proceed with this?

Thanks for your help!