[bldg-sim] Using Sea / Lake Water as Condenser Water

Jaya Mukhopadhyay jaya_mukho at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 29 14:59:03 PST 2006

We are proposing a system  which uses sea water as condenser water thus eliminating the use of a cooling tower. I am trying to model this system in eQuest.
  The following are the errors which I get on running the program:
  1) The program throws up an error asking for a primary cooling equipment when I simply run the 'Lake Water' option for the condenser water loop.
   2) The program does not accept the 'Lake water' option for the condenser water loop when run along with a cooling tower the program. I receive an incompatibility message.
  Is there a way I can model such an arrangement?
  If not!
  Is there a way in which I can trick the program to simulate such an arrangement?
  Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.
  Thank you
  Jaya Mukhopadhyay