[BLDG-SIM] To change the U-value of the window using LBNL Window

Graham & Megan hamnmegs at ozemail.com.au
Fri Nov 24 13:33:27 PST 2006

The reason why you see single glazed units with U-Values varying from 5.7 to
6.5 W/m2K is due to the varying environmental conditions (and thus film
resistance) the insulation value is nominated at.  I believe your 6.51 is at
winter conitions and thus higher wind speed. Rather than changing the glass
you should change the environmnetal conditions, but i suspect TRNSYS then
calculates its own film coefficients and just looks at the glazed unit
conductivity anyways.
Graham