[BLDG-SIM] Fwd: Importing eQUEST Simulation File Reports into Excel/Word etc.

gail gail22 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 08:18:35 PDT 2006

 If you're using the eQUEST parametric runs function, eQUEST generates the
following spreadsheet file which I've found to be particularly useful:

[FileName] - Parms.csv

This file lists the parametric run case description, the peak cooling coil
load, energy by end use, demand by end use, and total cost by energy type,
all in spreadsheet format.  If you've run the parametric run multiple
times, this spreadsheet also lists results from earlier runs.

Best Regards,
Gail Stranske
CTG Energetics, Inc.

On 10/24/06, Michael Rosenberg <Michael.Rosenberg at state.or.us> wrote:

> Andrew,
>
> If you are using MS Word, try this. Open the *.sim file in Word, Select
> the entire document, change the font to "Courier New", set font size to
> 7, and set left and right page margins to 0.25". That should do the
> trick. Try creating a macro to automate this task.
>
> Mike
>
> Michael Rosenberg
> Oregon Department of Energy
> 625 Marion St. N.E.
> Salem, OR 97301-3742
> Phone : (503) 373-7809
> Fax: (503) 373-7806

> I was wondering if anyone had any hints or suggestions for an easier
> way
> to import the simulation file reports from eQUEST into modern word
> processing or spreadsheet software.  Right now when I try to copy and
> paste a report from a standard text editor the spacing gets really
> screwed up.   I know that the type set or format for the reports is
> antiquated (dot matrix?) and is the reason for some of the problems,
> but
> I don't know how to fix it.  Is there a more advanced text editor or
> software that can help with this problem or is it a computer code
> issue?
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Andrew Craig | Mechanical Designer, Energy Modeler
>
> INTERFACE ENGINEERING
> 708 SW Third Avenue | Suite 400 | Portland, OR 97204
>
> direct: 503.382.2696
> office: 503.382.2266
> fax: 503.382.2262
> email: Andrew_C at ieice.com
> web: www.ieice.com
>
> Consultants of Choice to the Built Environment for over 35 years
> Kirkland, WA | Portland, OR | Sacramento, CA | Salem, OR |
> SanFrancisco,
> CA

ASPAM=antispamwpk42