[BLDG-SIM] integrating walk in cooler in the HVAC system

Abaza, Hussein ABAZAH at ecu.edu
Thu Oct 19 12:04:30 PDT 2006

Hi all;

I am trying to integrate a walk-in cooler in a convenient store in store's  HVAC system. In winter, I would like to direct the heat from the walk-in cooler cooling system to be used in heating the store. The store is in Greenville, NC ( moderate climate). The convenient store is still in the design phase now. The estimated heating load for the convenient store is 48,000 Btu/hour. The walk-in cooler cooling capacity should be appproximatelly four tons. The convenient store design is an open plan with high ceiling. Does anyone have an idea of how such integration might be?

Thank you for your help.

Dr. Hussein Abaza

East Carolina Univeristy