[BLDG-SIM] Sustainable Design Assistance Project Manager job posting
lvandriest at archenergy.com
Tue Oct 3 10:10:33 PDT 2006
Architectural Energy Corporation has a job opening in its Boulder office
for a Sustainable Design Assistance (SDA) Project Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The SDA Project Manager position involves the management of medium- and
large-scale multi-disciplinary SDA projects and associated staff, as
assigned by the SDA Team Leader. This position requires a broad base of
sustainable design knowledge, extensive project and people management,
organizational clarity and logic, the ability to work directly with
architects, engineers, and clients, an independent work ethos, and a
passion for the promotion and facilitation of an energy-efficient and
environmentally-sensitive built environment. Project management duties
involve oversight of a wide range of SDA activities, including: energy
analysis, daylighting analysis, LEED Certification support services,
computational fluid dynamic (CFD) analysis, renewable energy systems
analysis, and general sustainable design and planning consulting, as
well as regular interface with staff from other AEC Business Area Teams
(BATs), such as Commissioning and Building Energy Evaluation Services.
Tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Managing SDA projects from start to finish, including the
following: conducting project kickoff and client follow-up meetings,
assignment and supervision of SDA team members, organizing and managing
frequent internal project meetings, overseeing project scheduling,
management and technical review of all analysis activities, quality
control assurance, assistance with preparation and submittal of
deliverables, development and delivery of presentation materials, and
project budget management.
* Providing sustainable design consulting to various clients.
* Providing assistance, research and report writing on a variety
of sustainable design projects.
* Maintaining a high level of organization, and continually
trying to improve in-house project management.
* Traveling to in-state and out-of-state projects as required.
An undergraduate degree in engineering, environmental design,
architecture, construction management, or other related fields is
required, with additional graduate degree(s) preferred.
A candidate for this position must have the following skills:
* Strong knowledge of sustainable strategies and their
implementation throughout the building design and construction
* Strong project management, people management, and time
* Excellent communication skills -- oral, written, and
presentation -- and facility with necessary supporting software
(Microsoft: Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
* Excellent interpersonal relationship skills.
* Working knowledge of sustainable design analysis software
tools (energy, daylighting, solar control, CFD, life-cycle analysis,
etc.) and familiarity and facility with the intricacies and constraints
of their usage.
* Working knowledge of and experience with the architectural
design process and all phases of design/build from pre-design to
A candidate for this position might have the following skills /
* Sustainable design consulting experience, gained from work at
a national-scale consulting firm or as an independent contractor at a
* Sustainable design software analysis experience (high level,
* Working knowledge of the USGBCs LEED Certification systems
(NC, EB, CI, etc.), and LEED AP status.
* Teaching experience (workshops, university-level courses,
Typical Years of Full-Time Professional Experience:
Five to ten years project management preferred; minimum of three years
Contact: Laurel Van Driest
hr at archenergy.com
Direct fax: 303-459-7399
Laurel Van Driest
Architectural Energy Corporation
2540 Frontier Avenue, Suite 201
Boulder, Colorado 80301
E-mail: lvandriest at archenergy.com
Direct phone: 303-459-7418
Direct fax: 303-459-7399
Main phone: 303-444-4149 x418
Main fax: 303-444-4304
You received this e-mail because you are subscribed
to the BLDG-SIM at GARD.COM mailing list. To unsubscribe
from this mailing list send a blank message to
BLDG-SIM-UNSUBSCRIBE at GARD.COM
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Bldg-sim