[BLDG-SIM] about system hourly load

John Aulbach jra_sac at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 27 23:31:17 PDT 2006

Hi Nicole:

You need to specify which program you are using. This
is not a DOE-2/eQUEST site, but rather a forum of many
different and useful energy simulation programs.

I will, however, assume you are using a DOE-2/eQUEST
program.

By the way, Nicole, it depends on what SYSTEM-TYPE you
have chosen. So systems are central in nature, with no
terminal coild. Some have cooling at the AHU and
reheating at the terminal unit.

Correct me if I am wrong, ye DOE-2-ites out there, but
I believe:

1)total central cooling/heating coil output

IS THE TOTAL OF ZONE AND CENTRAL AHU COIL..

2)total zone cooling/heating coil output

IS THE ZONE COIL (if present) LOAD

3) total cooling/heating capacity

IS THE SYSTEM CAPACITY, NOT THE PRESENT LOAD.

Can anyone confirm or deny these assumptions?