[BLDG-SIM] HERS, RESNET, Energy Star, etc. in Apartment Complexes

Zoeteman, Mark R. mrzoeteman at FTCH.com
Wed Sep 20 04:42:14 PDT 2006

Alec:
For new buildings proposed to be designed that achieve a rating of 75 or
better can display the "Designed to Earn the ENERGY STAR" graphic on
drawings. Building energy performance simulation is required to predict
operation costs which are entered into Energy Star Target Finder:
http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=new_bldg_design.bus_target_finder

For existing buildings with one year of energy bills that have 75 or
greater rating on Energy Star Portfolio Manager can pursue Energy Star
Label. Professional Engineer verification is required. Eligible building
types include:
http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=eligibility.bus_portfoliomanager_e
ligibility

Apartments are not currently listed.