[BLDG-SIM] : eQuest Underfloor Air

Brandon Nichols BrandonN at Hargis.biz
Mon Sep 18 16:21:55 PDT 2006

Hello Kendra,

The following is a link to a blog I've started with the intent to
eventually collect all the arcane but useful scraps information
necessary to do these energy analyses efficiently:

http://elcca-exchange.blogspot.com/2006/08/equest-displacement-ventilati
on.html

There's link within this to an Energy Designed Resources paper that I
used (Which another kind user in turn had pointed me to) to set up my
prototype displacement ventilation system.  While doing so I also found
the screenshot in eQuest 3.6 that shows the 'lighting heat to return air
or adjacent space' (i.e. plenum) option that the EDR paper does not
mention.

Assigning the stratified heat fraction using this screen may prove
useful in solving your problem... but I can't state that definitively
has I haven't had the chance to really test it out.

If this does indeed solve your problem and you have a moment, please let
me know... I'll be getting back the simulation business soon enough.

Brandon

  _____