[BLDG-SIM] Heating & Ventilation in Mechanical Rooms

John Forester jforester at dmiinc.com
Mon Aug 27 07:46:21 PDT 2007

Hello Everyone,

Using EQuest 3.6 for LEED modeling, I am trying to find the best method to
model a heating and exhaust fan system for mechanical rooms and other
equipment rooms that are not designed to have mechanical cooling.  I know
that EQuest has a heating/ventilating system type.  Is this the best system
to use and what schedules do I need to create?  I would like to have exhaust
fans turn on at a certain room temperature (say 80°F) and unit heaters turn
on at 60°F.  I would like both to remain off when the room temperature is in
between these two setpoints.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

John

John T. Forester, LEED AP