[BLDG-SIM] Employment offer: Engineer for Dynamic Thermal Simulation with TRNSYS

Marion Hiller hiller at transsolar.com
Mon Aug 27 01:42:56 PDT 2007

Employment offer:

Engineer for Dynamic Thermal Simulation with TRNSYS

Transsolar Inc.
145 Hudson Street
New York City, NY 10013

Transsolar is a German-based climate engineering firm, and one of the premier such offices in the world. We are seeking a talented, highly motivated engineer for the New York office.

Our work is to develop and validate concepts for high quality environments that require minimal energy use. To achieve this we work collaboratively within the design team from the start of the design process, considering each step from the standpoint of fundamental thermodynamics. This generates a climate concept in which form, material, and mechanical systems are synergistic components of a well-orchestrated climate control system; and conversely, an environmental control strategy that is integral to the architectural concept.

We use dynamic thermal simulation on TRNSYS to develop and validate appropriate, reliable concepts in relationship to the complex set of factors that is unique to each project.

Qualifications are, in order of importance:

*	Education related to building energy flows: newtonian physics, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, solar geometry and daylighting, etc. Ideal is a degree in mechanical engineering.
*	Education/professional experience with architectural and mechanical systems for building climate control
*	Experience with dynamic thermal simulation, preferably TRNSYS
*	Computer-based drawing skills (e.g. Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator, etc)
*	Excellent oral and written communication skills

Transsolar engineers are often specialized in their work, but all carry out a broad range of tasks. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:

*	Design and validation of ongoing projects via TRNSYS simulation.
*	Collaboration with German Transsolar offices
*	Project coordination
*	Participation in meetings and design charettes
*	Graphical representation of climate and energy concepts
*	Writing reports and correspondence

If interested, please send resume and samples of work to

Transsolar New York
Attn. Peter Voit, voit at transsolar.com

Dipl.-Ing. Marion Hiller
TRANSSOLAR Energietechnik GmbH
Munich - New York - Stuttgart + 49.711.67976.0

KlimaEngineering- Technologien für energieeffizientes Bauen und Nutzerkomfort in Gebäuden
Transsolar Energietechnik GmbH, Curiestrasse 2, 70563 Stuttgart / Amtsgericht Stuttgart - HRB 23347 / USt-IdNr.: 99073/00911
Geschäftsführer: Dipl.Ing. Matthias Schuler, Dipl.Ing. Thomas Auer, Dipl.Phys. Stefan Holst