[BLDG-SIM] Demand Controlled ventilation in eQuest

Karen Walkerman kwalkerman at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 05:45:42 PDT 2007

Hello all,

I'm a little confused by eQuest's options for ventilation air and control.

When I specify OA-FLOW/PER, this value seems to become my minimum outdoor
air flow.  I would expect this entry to follow the occupancy schedule and
modulate with demand, or at least to have the option to schedule the OA
flow.

When an economizer is specified, the total energy use drops significantly
and the loads seem to modulate with the OA flow (although there may be some
other effects going on here too).

Any ideas on why this happens?  Is there any way to model a
demand-controlled system that does not have an economizer attached?

Thanks,

~karen~

--
Karen Walkerman