[BLDG-SIM] parking garage ventilation control

Aleka Pappas apappas.enermodal at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 10:05:48 PDT 2007

Are parking garage ventilation fans required to have some kind of control
that prevents them from running continuously (such as CO sensors)?  I'm
trying to determine whether or not there's an argument for claiming savings
for CO sensors under Appendix G.  My interpretation of section 6.4.3.3.5 in
90.1: "....shall have automatic controls.....capable of shutting off fans
when not required," is that such a control system is required by code.
Also, this seems like standard practice.  Anyone have any insight as to
whether this interpretation is accurate?

Thanks,
Aleka