[BLDG-SIM] POLYGON in DOE-2.1E-119

田慧峰 tianhuifeng at pkpm.com.cn
Wed Aug 22 00:17:26 PDT 2007

Dear all,

I want to use POLYGON to decribe some exterior wall or roof in DOE-2.1E-119,
input as follows:

TRIANG3 = POLYGON
    (0,0)  (20,0)  (20,10)  (0,10)  ..

EW-1 = EXTERIOR-WALL
    POLYGON = TRIANG3  X = 1 Y = 1  Z = 0  AZIMUTH = 180  TILT = 90  ..

But I find the area of EW-1 is 18.58 in output file ( REPORT LV-C ). Then I
try this keyword in DOE-2.2-44e4, the result shows the area of EW-1 is 200.

Also, I find building peak load using POLYGON is less than using WIDTH &
HEIGHT keywords.

Does anyone can tell me why?

Thanks & Regards,

Kieran Tian
China Acadamy of Building Research Shanghai Branch
E-mail:  <mailto:tianhuifeng at pkpm.com.cn> tianhuifeng at pkpm.com.cn