[BLDG-SIM] Building glare/reflection problems: Good, bad and ugly

Charudatta Joshi (CJ) csjoshi at asu.edu
Sun Aug 19 10:03:27 PDT 2007

Hello everyone,

I am a student of Building Design at ASU. I am initiating a research on
buildings that have been known to cause problems of glare or excessive solar
reflection to either neighboring properties (other buildings, vehicles on
roads, people on streets etc.) or even parts of their own structure. For
example, the Disney Concert Hall by Gehry. This is not an exercise to
identify only famous examples that created problems. The purpose of my
research is to enable prediction and analysis of such glare/reflection (at
design stage and later) and then to mitigate its' impact.

I would appreciate members here giving me examples of such buildings that
caused glare/reflection issues. Any other thoughts on this subject are
welcome too. Thank you for your interest and time.

Regards,

Charudatta Joshi (CJ)
Student, MS-Building Design, ASU
Grad. Teaching Asstt., College of Design, ASU
Email: csjoshi at asu.edu
Phone: 480-748-7340