[BLDG-SIM] RETScreen SWH

Karen Walkerman kwalkerman at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 13:14:08 PDT 2007

Hi (again),

I'm sizing some solar hot water panels for a project (solar heat for an
indoor pool).  When choosing the number of panels, I discovered something
curious:

After I get up to about 65% solar energy for the system, the efficiency of
adding new panels drops off.  For example, the first panel provides
2.66MBtu, but the 33rd only
2.00 MBtu.  Is this because I've reached the point where the panels are too
big for the load some of the time??  I assume this could be improved by
adding thermal storage.

Karen Walkerman
Second Law Consulting
802-238-0980