[BLDG-SIM] eQUEST-System no heating

Fred Porter fporter at archenergy.com
Wed Aug 22 12:27:16 PDT 2007

Look at SV-A report to see if there is a "main" heating coil (Top rows,
HEATING CAPACITY KBTU/HR > 0 if DOE-2 has simulated it), not just a
preheat coil. (PH coils don't control to reset schedule, etc.)

In addition to setting a "heating source"

Somewhere, wiz, detailed, text, whatever, you gotta either:

Set  "HEAT-SET-T"  (in "Detailed" menu: system, heating, heating "Hot
Deck Max Leaving Temp" on right side, blank by default) to a number
greater than MIN-SUPPLY-T ; i.e. 60-65F

OR

Manually input the central coil heating capacity, text =
HEATING-CAPACITY (menu, same system heating page as above, "Heating
Capacity")

--

Fred W. Porter, B.S., LEED A.P.
Senior Engineer