[BLDG-SIM] Stack Effect Calculations

Jinchao Yuan jcyuan at MIT.EDU
Wed Aug 22 11:10:05 PDT 2007

Kevin,
ContamW can be used for this purpose but you need
to prescribe the temperatures since ContamW will
not simultaneously compute the temperatures for
you. It is especially useful if you used
mechanical systems in the building and you have
some estimation about the atrium temperature
distributions. If you need to compute the zonal
temperatures and infiltration airflow
simultaneously, a better solution is to use
Transys---which includes the multi-zone airflow
module of ContamW, I believe---to coupled airflow and thermal simulation.

Jinchao