[Bldg-sim] Title 24 Compliance using eQuest & Error

gaurav mehta gmehta75 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 09:56:01 PST 2007

Hi,

I am using eQuest for Title 24 compliance. When the compliance analysis
run reaches around 15% and its at Generating Proposed Building, the analysis
stops and loads the BDL and prompts that: Error(s) encountered Evaluating
PostProposed Input Rulelist...

After clicking yes to the view the errors, the message reads as shown below:

Error Code             Message

Error                     CRule::Eval() error posting symbolic(value
1.6397e-165) result to BDL

If I run a normal simulation (non Title24) there are no errors, it runs as
expected. There are no errors in the BDL. I encounter this error only when
running a Title 24 compliance analysis.

I am reading the Volume 5: Compliance Analysis section Compliance Rule
Processor and whatever i have gathered is that there is 'something' that has
not been input correctly, but is there a way to find what that
'something' is, or do i have to go through each and every input. Any
pointers to how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated?

Best regards,

Gaurav Mehta

Sustainable Building Analyst
Stantec Consulting