[Bldg-sim] The State of Software and the World......

JRR Energy.wwind at cox.net
Fri Dec 7 18:39:31 PST 2007

Some of us have wonderful, "obsolete" Browsers and Email programs that
we actually use ALL of the features of;;;
i.e. Netscape 7.x,  etc.

Netscape automatically sorts my mail on over 7 accounts that are further
sorted by source, content, keywords, etc.

I have to use Internet Explorer but have never hooked up any Email to
it; and thanks to the vulnerabilities
"accidentally" left in I.E..

I have machines that have never been on the Internet.

Microsoft forces updates on us with little if any warning, and some of
those updates have left me with a
stone dead machine with no warning.  Microsoft is also assuring that I
HAVE to buy a new machine
because they won't have updates for old hardware and/or the updates will
not work on old hardware.
Microsoft is in the business of selling training on many different
levels, and they can ensure that training
will be obsolete sooner or later by introducing a completely new
operating system.  Even Symantec is
having problems mistakenly identifying an Internet content filter
program as a virus and killing hundreds
of thousands of computers in the last 90 days !!!  Some of these
computers needed  a raw cold reload
-- not even operating system updates loaded.........

M$ also generates a "Bonus Level" of activity that their customers pay
for by releasing new operating
systems before they are ready.  There's a reason they don't call that
thing a "GATE--WAY" any more.
They call it a router because that is what it is doing to your money.......

PLEASE TELL US  WELL BEFORE YOU MAKE CHANGES.

thanks.
jrr