[Bldg-sim] Layers Error

Eric Youngson ericy at pae-engineers.com
Fri Dec 14 14:03:24 PST 2007

Bldg Sim List,

I am getting a single BDL error when opening a model. It says,

" Cannot simulate LAYERS Layers 43 as given. The wall is  too thin or
too light. THICKNESS and/or DENSITY*SPECIFIC HEAT is too small. Use
U-VALUE CONSTRUCTION."

I see 'Layers 43' but it is not being used by any constructions. I have
tried to change the layers to various materials, which does nothing and
I've deleted it which gives more errors on open.

I am thinking that I will need to edit the inp file, possibly copy the
changes that I have made (which are substantial) to a new model. Is
there anything I should be looking for in the file either that will fix
the current model or that I should be sure to exclude from any
successive model.

Thanks

  <http://www.pae-engineers.com/>

Eric Youngson