[Bldg-sim] Multiple boilers in DOE2.2

Steven Savich ssavich at systemswestengineers.com
Fri Dec 7 11:59:59 PST 2007

Doug,

There doesn't appear to be an option to specify multiple boiler copies from
a checkbox in the eQuest interface.  You may be able to insert
INSTALLED-NUMBER keyword in the .inp file.  I haven't tried that, so I don't
know if it will work.

If you want all 10 boilers to be identical, when you create the new
boiler(s), select "Link to existing component" in the creation option box
and <name of template boiler> in the link component to option box from the
create boiler window.  The new boiler(s) will be linked to the original or
template boiler.  If you don't change any parameters in the cloned
boiler(s), you can make changes in the template boiler and the changes
automatically propagate to the clone(s).  If you create a pump for the
original boiler and check the "link all assigned components" box in the
create boiler window when you're making your clone boiler, a copy of the
pump will also be created for the new boiler.

Once you've got all your boilers created, have a look in the help files
about boiler staging.  You'll find the boiler equipment control button/link
in the controls tab of the circulation loop that the boilers are attached
to.

Steven