[Bldg-sim] Chilled Beams

Peter Simmonds Peter.Simmonds at ibece.net
Wed Dec 12 17:48:41 PST 2007

yes we have and call 818-377-8220

________________________________

From: bldg-sim-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org on behalf of Brain, Joshua
Sent: Wed 12/12/2007 11:46 AM
To: bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org
Subject: [Bldg-sim] Chilled Beams

Has anyone compared a VAV system against a chilled beam (CB) system for
a building located in the Northeastern US using eQuest?  I have modeled
an office building having a VAV system and then having a CB system and
have gotten some interesting results.  The CB is saving both cooling and
heating energy annually, but is being penalized by electric fan energy.
Might anyone have any input or experience that they could share with me?

FYI:  to simulate the chilled beam I am using an induction unit (2.46:1
induction ratio) with about 26% minimum outdoor air (there is return,
this is not a 100% OA system), separate CHW and HW loops for the chilled
beams.

Thanks for your input.