[Bldg-sim] Skylights & Daylighting

Kapil Upadhyay upadhyaykapil at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 18 09:16:31 PST 2007

Introduction of skylights must also be accompanied by a corresponding reduction in Lighting Power Densities.
  How you figure that out is dependent on how you do your Daylighting and Lighting simulation. Daysim does propose LPDs based on your daylighting design and that might be of help.

  Would anyone  suggest a better method/simulation software, especially if you have done a skylight simulation w.r.t. energy consumption.

  Thanks,
  Kapil.

"Kearns, Patrick" <pkearns at nexant.com> wrote:
      Thanks--but I'm not sure how to do that...does it require v. 3.61b?  I've been using v. 3.6, but am downloading the latest one.  It appears that none of the previous versions really were able to deal with skylights properly.

  Stay tuned.

  PAK